MAAP engine is developed in Perl and C, the package is freely available and can be downloaded and
Download and use instructions
Source Code: MAAP.tar.gz
MAAP is distributed as a tar-gzipped file. It should be first unzipped and untarred by the command 'tar xvzf MAAP.tar.gz' This will produce the following 11 items in the current directory.
- Model_16c (Model file)
- Model_125b (Model file)
- Model_125e (Model file)
- Model_134a (Model file)
- Model_134c (Model file)
- Model_134d (Model file)
- calc_dipep_freq.c (C source code for calculating dipeptide frequencies)
- calc_multiplet_freq.c (C source code for calculating multiplet frequencies)
- run_maap.pl (The main Perl script for running MAAP engine)
- Demo1.txt (FASTA format sample input file)
- Output_Demo1.txt (Sample output file generated by MAAP)
- Perl version 5.6 or later
- C compiler.
The SVM_classify is a part of the Joachim’s SVMlight package. The source code of the package is available at Joachim’s website .
Compile the SVMlight source code on your local machine that makes two executables, SVM_learn and SVM_classify. Copy the file SVM_classify and paste into the MAAP folder.
Also compile the C programs, calc_dipep_freq.c and calc_multiplet_freq.c and put the executables in the same folder.Now, the standalone version is ready to use.
For running MAAP, change to the MAAP directory and run the main Perl script run_maap.pl using the following command: